Name - Piranha
Scientific Name : Pygocentrus nattereri
Type : Characidae
Lifespan : 10 years
Diet : Omnivore
Length : 6 to 8 inches
Weight : 3 To 7 Ponds
Top Speed : 25 mph
Colour : Multi – Colored
Skin Type : Scales
Lifespan : 10 Years
Current Population : XXXXX
Current Population Trend : XXXXX
Native : South America
Main Pray : Insects , Fish , Worms
Habitat : Rivers , Floodplains , Lake
Predators : Dolphins , Crocodiles , Humans
Average Clutch Size : 5000
Favorite Food : Fish
Also Read –
- This fish’s aggressive reputation is highly exaggerated, in part due to Theodore Roosevelt’s book “Through the Brazilian Wilderness.”
- These fish may get more aggressive when they are starving. If stuck in a stagnant pool for a long time, they will likely attack anything that enters the water.
- The black piranha has the most powerful bite force of any bony fish.
- The fish’s top and bottom teeth function like scissors to quickly tear and cut food.
- Piranhas lose and regrow teeth endlessly like sharks.